Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Fun

Credit due to SUAR's fabulous blog for these fun Thanksgiving questions.  Be sure to click on the link to read her answers and many others!  Please copy and paste your own answers in the comments, or on your own blog.  Do it!  What else are you going to do today?  Cook?



1. How old do you have to be to move up from the kids’ table? 
The kids usually sit with their parents until they are old enough to keep their hands to themselves next to their siblings/cousins.  I don't think anyone has moved in a while.
2. Stuff the turkey or cook stuffing separately? (aka salmonella or not?)
Separately!  Blech.
3. Who sits at the head of the table?
Whoever gets there first.  We aren't like those tv families who sit down and pass dishes around the table.  We fill our plates and then sit wherever there is an opening wide enough for our bottom.
4. Pumpkin, pecan, apple pie?
Yes, please!  I usually take a small piece of every offered dessert.  Don't judge me.
I'm bringing this white chocolate, cranberry, pecan tart.  Well, what will be left of it, anyway.
5. What the hellck is mince meat?
If it sounds disgusting, it usually is.
6. Is it okay to play Christmas music on Thanksgiving?
I'm not going to lose my mind if I hear it, but I certainly won't seek it out.
7. In five words or less, worst Thanksgiving memory?
No gravy.  ON PURPOSE!
8. Speaking of leftovers. Who gets dibs on them? 
Everyone brings home way too many.
9. Worst Thanksgiving food?
Sweet potato/yam stuff.  Yuck.
10. Best Thanksgiving quick joke?
Knock knock.
Who's there?
Squanto.
Squanto who?
'Squanto eat all this leftover mincemeat pie?
(I just made that up.  Can you tell?)


 Enjoy your blessings today, and always.  I'm grateful that you took the time to read my blog, and I hope you'll come by again soon!  Happy feasting!


2 comments: